With less than a week before Christmas, I am struck by everyone’s take on Predictions for the new year. Personally, I do not like to make resolutions, but I do like to reflect on the year that was. 2009, clearly has been a “rough” year and that is putting it lightly. The bottom dropped out of the financial sectors, unemployment nationwide hit an all time high, the foreclosure rate is off the charts. And we have Healthcare Reform on our minds… So where do we go from here? Here are my thoughts:
- Speaking from experience, being downsized/outsourced is not pleasant, we have got to get everyone back to work.Unemployment is a real bummer. Network, network, network.
- The less people who are working means the less people have $ to support the economy. Both large and small companies will continue to close, or downsize. Support local economy and small business.
- Pay it forward- Help someone out. Smile, pick up the tab if you have the money, random acts of kindness speaks volumes. Smiles are contagious!
- Strive to learn something new. Step out of your comfort zone.
- Just when you think you have problems, there is always someone worse than you. Be THANKFUL for everything you DO have.
- Volunteer. This year, I became a volunteer/chairperson for 2 wonderful non-profit organization. The personal and professional benefits are pricesless.
Please tell me how each of you are “looking ahead” Let’s not dwell on the past, but look to the future.. Wishing everyone a very Happy Holiday, and a most prosperous New Year! I have got a feeling 2010 is going to be GREAT!